[kdepim-users] duplicate imap account display

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 01:57:23 BST 2012

Hi Johann,

On Friday, June 08, 2012 09:42:15 AM Johann Rohwer wrote:

> The akonadi database data lives in
> ~/.local/share/akonadi
>
> The akonadi configuration lives in
> ~/.config/akonadi
>
> You could try deleting those directories (stop akonadi first with
> "akonadictl stop"). However you will then have to re-define all your
> akonadi resources.

Thanks a lot for the useful info. I think I will end up trying this since my
problems do not seem to resolve so far.

> Is the mail resource duplicated in the list of resources when running
> $ kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi

No it is not duplicated there.

> If not then it is most probably a kmail setup thing. You can also look
> at ~/.kde/share/config, there are a bunch of files like
> akonadi_imap_resource***rc
>
> You could try deleting those. Again quit kmail/kontact first and stop
> akonadi before deleting the files.

Yes, there were two akonadi_imap_resource***rc files that pointed the
duplicated account there. However, removing one of those did not make any
difference. Removing both effectively made the imap account offline OTOH.

Customizibility is one of the main reasons why I like and use kde. However, it
seems to get less and less understandable everyday. I am sorry to rant, but
every update seems to break something that has been working for a long while
with no foreseeable fix, and the new features are yet to be proven useful.

Hakan