[kdepim-users] Searching x 2

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jan 28 18:54:06 GMT 2012

Hi,

1) After upgrading to KDE 4.8 and installing - finally - kdepim in the current
version, I can not use the search functionality of kmail.

I can use the filter bar in the top, but not the search/virtual folder search,
I get a dialog saying "Kan ikke hente søgeresultat. Ukendt fejl. (Unable to
create persistent search)" (in english, "Can not fetch search result. Unknown
Error. (...))

The question: Can anyone else use the search functionality? And even better,
have an idea what could be wrong?

2) One thing I have been looking forward to with > kdepim 4.4 was looking
things up using krunner. And indeed, after some trouble and a kde restart, I
get a message topic or event/journal/TODO title, with a type identifier below
in the krunner results. Very nice, if only it could be used for anything
meaningful: Activating such a result will not open the mail in the mail reader
as one would expect, (or korganizer for events or TODOs) but a dolphin window,
empty except for the nupomuk sidebar with the nepomuk information. No way to
the actual data.

The question: Is this known? Is it planned to make this work correctly?
Otherwise, it would be best to hide these entries from the nepomuk krunner
results!

--
Anders