[kdepim-users] Searching x 2

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 09:49:11 GMT 2012

On Sunday 29 January 2012 11:38:24 O. Sinclair wrote:
> no I am not searching for mail - I try to search for a file, in this
> case a spreadsheet. From Dolpin, when I use the search function ticked
> for "filename" and I type "current" my top results are a bunch of mp3
> files that certainly do NOT have "current" in the file names.

Now that is interesting - same here, I search on filename|everywhere and 11
mp3's (out of my hundreds) turn up.

Oddly enough the *same* MP3 turn up no matter *what* i use as a search phrase,
even something totally rubbish such as "qkfhajkhfaf,ns2398"

This is on a clean 12.04 install I setup yesterday.

Possibly relevant - The MP3 files all have non ascii characters in thier
filenames.

Are you seeing this behaviour?
--
Lindsay