[kdepim-users] Searching x 2

Thomas Tanghus Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Sat Jan 28 19:19:09 GMT 2012

On Saturday 28 January 2012 19:54 Anders Lund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) After upgrading to KDE 4.8 and installing - finally - kdepim in the
> current version, I can not use the search functionality of kmail.
>
> I can use the filter bar in the top, but not the search/virtual folder
> search, I get a dialog saying "Kan ikke hente søgeresultat. Ukendt fejl.
> (Unable to create persistent search)" (in english, "Can not fetch search
> result. Unknown Error. (...))
>
> The question: Can anyone else use the search functionality? And even better,
> have an idea what could be wrong?

I just get no results from whatever I search for.

> 2) One thing I have been looking forward to with > kdepim 4.4 was looking
> things up using krunner. And indeed, after some trouble and a kde restart, I
> get a message topic or event/journal/TODO title, with a type identifier
> below in the krunner results. Very nice, if only it could be used for
> anything meaningful: Activating such a result will not open the mail in the
> mail reader as one would expect, (or korganizer for events or TODOs) but a
> dolphin window, empty except for the nupomuk sidebar with the nepomuk
> information. No way to the actual data.
>
> The question: Is this known? Is it planned to make this work correctly?
> Otherwise, it would be best to hide these entries from the nepomuk krunner
> results!

This used to work for me in 4.7.3-4 but doesn't anymore. The only thing I get
results for are bookmarks, contacts and music. For contacts I get the option
to call or mail them.

I do think that my Nepomuk/Akonadi data base is somehow corrupt, because
virtuoso-t keeps spiking on both cores even though indexing is idle. I just
can't remember which files to delete to recreate it.

I've also been testing a lot of ownCloud instances so I bet the db is full of
a lot of stale entries.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen