[kdepim-users] KMail2 and imap

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:14:02 GMT 2012

As I get it from all the comments IMAP fetching seems to be the real
headache with KMail2. Once I had fixed (back) my Personal Contacts, set
up my different Identities and pop/smtp accounts I must say that most
things work OK. Not quite back to where they were, but OK.

Had the odd problem with non-working spam filters, got around that by
editing them. Other filter problems very minor (to me) and finally
managed to kill off reoccuring nepomuk indexing by leaving Semantic
Desktop on but switching off Strigi indexing.

So my advice to developers must be: focus on Imap, disconnected or not.
For other users, consider using pop if you want stability.

I hate to see long time users and helpers (no names, you know who you
are) giving up and moving over to T-Bird and other systems.

Kindly,
Sinclair