[kdepim-users] Serious and fatal problems with kontact

Wim Delvaux wrl.delvaux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:49:26 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I have been using kde since it was still version 1 but I can say that this
release 4.7.3 is the WORST !!!! version i have ever used.

I keep loosing my mails (currently of about 2GB of mails NOTHING is shown
... (no folders no headers nothing).
I often am unable to send mails (smtp just hangs forever).
my contacts list is empty (of about 200 or so entries)

Problems occured after upgrading to the kmail2 system ... kmail1 worked
perfectly ....

I have delete reset, removed renamed and whatever almost EVERY config
ANYBODY has ever proposed... still I get no mails to be seen

Also nepomuk complains sometimes about not being started or being started
to many times.  Indexers seem to fail or not ... I have opened the akonadi
console and debugged and restarted and reactivated and what not ... all to
no avail

the install is an a clean Kubuntu 11.10 using a recycled home folder.

I have no problem resetting my complete KDE environment as long as I do not
lose my mails.

HELP !!!!