[kdepim-users] Data loss :(

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Feb 11 21:54:02 GMT 2012

Anders Lund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> During importing my old mail, that I archieved using the built in
> archieving function of kmail (1), it appears that many hundred messages
> have lost most of their headers. All mails i have looked in, have only a
> X-Bogosity header left (and some of them some multipart/message stuff),
> and hence they all appear in block "unknown" with no subject, sender,
> receiver etc. They also appear undecoded.
>
> This is a really bad loss of value for me, but luckily I have kept the
> archieve, and mails in that appears to be ok.
>
> But how can I get them in, if the importer is broken? And how can I select
> only the broken ones?
>
> Any ideas are wellcome!

It would be good to know what headers got lost.
I don't know how KMailCVT works, what does it use exactly, but here are some
ideas:
- unzip the archives and do a manual import (in case of maildir, it should
be just copying the mail files to a maildir folder's new or cur folder)
- create a bug report and add a small archive file that shows the problem

Andras