[kdepim-users] Kinda good experiences today :)

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Aug 28 12:43:13 BST 2012

I have had some nice experiences with kmail today:

I took a dare and enabled email indexing, and after working all morning,
BUT:
* I have to wait quite long after pressing "S" - something like 5-10 secs
before the dialog shows up.
* I have to enter a wildcard to match inside words, like "subject contains
filter" does not find "EntityMimeTypeFilterModel", but "subject contains *filter"
does. I don't know if this is how it is supposed to work, but I expect
"contains" to include partial words.

I was able to send a message to a group :D
This is one of my most hated issues, so that was a great experience! I hope it
lasts.

I was able to get address completion! This have not been working except for a
single day some time ago. I had to be patient though, initially i typed "pet"
and went to make coffee, and after a long time, the completions started to
show. I hope it stays, and that the first one in a new session will not always
take that long!

But all in all, 3 very important features shows signs of life here today!

--
Anders
A kmail user more confident than since a long  time;)