[kdepim-users] Kinda good experiences today :)

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:50:36 BST 2012

On 28/08/2012 13:43, Anders Lund wrote:
> I have had some nice experiences with kmail today:
>
> I took a dare and enabled email indexing, and after working all morning,
> BUT:
> * I have to wait quite long after pressing "S" - something like 5-10 secs
> before the dialog shows up.
> * I have to enter a wildcard to match inside words, like "subject contains
> filter" does not find "EntityMimeTypeFilterModel", but "subject contains *filter"
> does. I don't know if this is how it is supposed to work, but I expect
> "contains" to include partial words.
>
> I was able to send a message to a group :D
> This is one of my most hated issues, so that was a great experience! I hope it
> lasts.
>
> I was able to get address completion! This have not been working except for a
> single day some time ago. I had to be patient though, initially i typed "pet"
> and went to make coffee, and after a long time, the completions started to
> show. I hope it stays, and that the first one in a new session will not always
> take that long!
>
> But all in all, 3 very important features shows signs of life here today!

Anders, I think your "indexing" is still ongoing. You can speed that up
by following advice in this post on KDE forums:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=98857

for me 4.9 works "almost perfect", there are minor issues with filtering
and incoming mail. But groups/lists, mail address completion and message
searching works for me now.

I had to do "a trick" to refresh the index database after many upgrades:
see my second post in this topic, before that only a few of mail were
indexed/searchable:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=107403

Best
Sinclair