[kdepim-users] KMail2 at kdepim 4.9.0

Robert Smits labour at telus.net
Thu Aug 16 20:21:49 BST 2012

On August 14, 2012 03:08:24 am Robin Atwood wrote:
> Does the community consider KMail2 usable yet? I have gotten a bit tired of
> installing the latest kdepim and after a day rapidly restoring 4.4.11.1.
> Last time the main problem for me was that the filters were not
> automatically applied, I had to constantly do C-A/C-J manually. Also, the
> mail was never delivered to the inbox folder but the enveloping one, call
> Folder or something.
>
> So what's the feeling out there?
>
> Cheers
> -Robin

Hi, Robin. While I periodically install and check the current iteration of
KMail and KDEPIM4, I'm not optimistic that it will ever reach the level of
usability as KDEPIM3. While my OS is OpenSuSE 12.1 KDE4, on all my systems I
still run the KDE3 version of KDEPIM.

It just works, which is not something I can say about KDEPIM4. KDEPIM4 still
cannot deal with groups and lists, doesn't allow me to use my existing
addresses and categories, and isn't, in general, an improvement. It certainly
isn't any faster.

It's not that I don't appreciate the effort and work that has gone into
KDEPIM4, but don't regard the result as particularly useful compared to
KDEPIM3.

--
Robert Smits	Administrator, NDDLC, Ph 250-760-0547 Fax 250-760-0548
Email labour at telus.net