[kdepim-users] How to "merge" two calendars into one aimed at syncing with Google calendar.

Bas Roufs - message in English basroufs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 18:41:02 BST 2012

Hello Anders and Everybody else,

> What you want is very easy to achieve after your system update (not before,
> since in kde 4.4 there is no google calendar resource iirc.):

In December 2011, I have I started this thread. In the mean time,  I have had
two system updates. Now, I working with KDE 4.8.2. along with Kubuntu 11.10.
I do manage now to sync with the google calendar and address book via Akonadi
Googledata. However, I still do not manage to "merge" a local calendar with
the one of google.

Below, I indicate what I have been doing so far in this context.

> In systemsettings, go to "personal information" and in the akonadi
> configuration module, add the birthday (if not already present) and google
> calendar resource, by pressing new and following the steps in the wizard.

I have done so.

> Make backups of the .ical files, just in case.

I have done so.

> Remove all but the desired akonadi resources, that will not destroy your
> date, but make them not used in akonadi.

I have done so.

> In the "resources" panel, have a look at the configuration for your "local
> standard calendar" and note the file it points to.

I have done so.

> In konqueror, use "file import" to import events from your now unused
> calendar files.
This is one of the methods I have tried - via a backup file from the local
calendar - it does not work so far.

Two other methods also did not work so far.

When importing an .ics file directly into Google, only the events get through:
not the tasks.

A third method I have fruitlessly tried:
Kontact > Calendar > File > Import > Import calendar.  Then, I come into
wizard in which I should need to point at the calendar in which the data have
to be imported. However, "akonadi_gcal_resource_0" is not being shown in this
wizard, which only shows local calendar.  Even after deleting the local
calendar and setting "akonadi_gcal_resource_0"  as default calendar, I get
stuck at this point.

A fourth method consists of  clicking at the local calendar file via Dolphin.
By doing so, I do end up in Kontact. But I get stuck in the same wizard.

Any suggestions, thoughts?

Thanks, respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

.