[kdepim-users] Preparing for KDEPIM 2

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:13:52 BST 2012

On 12/04/12 21:19, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2012 schrieb O. Sinclair:
>> On 12/04/12 16:46, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> This is a bit longer. I want to get some handle on my migration to
>>> KDEPIM 2 instead of doing it ad-hoc without any previous planning
>>> and preparations.
> [… ideas about migration from current to interim to finally intended result
> …]
>>
>> Just a few comments from my own experience: creating an empty fresh
>> kmail and the set up new accounts, import old backup-emails worked far
>> better than an earlier "migrate" attempt. Kubuntu has a wiki on this
>> actually.
>
> I read that quite some time. I intend to try the import thing then, I bet.
>
>> Crm114 is botched in 64-bit at least, I had to change to spambayes.
>> Export/save your filters or be prepared to recreate them.

Well my spamfilter simply did not work with crm114 in KMail2 after I
decided to go 64bit. Checked around on internet and found some info
crm114 was not really working on 64bit. However, it could be all due to
kmail2 problems for all I know. Spambayes works fine though, never
liked/used bogofilter but heard they also work fine.