[kdepim-users] Can't edit alarms in KAlarm

James K. Gruetzner jkgruet at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 18 18:25:41 BST 2011

Hi, all,

This problem is probably easy to fix, but it's driving me batty.

I came in after a week off, and noticed that alarms on KAlarm no longer had a
"Defer" option.  I didn't think too much about it, but now I want to add an alarm,
and I see that the "New alarm" is greyed out and unavailable.  I've also noticed
that when I open an alarm for editing, I am unable to make changes (e.g., changing
the recurrence).

I've checked the files (e.g., displaying.ics) in ~/.kde/share/apps/kalarm, and they
are user and group writable.  I've tried quitting and restarting KAlarm several
times, as well as logging off or even restarting the computer, all to no avail.

I suspect a permissions problem someplace, but am at a loss.

Any advice?  (KAlarm 2.4.11, Fedora 14, KDE 4.6.5, 64-bit]

Thanks in advance!
  James