[kdepim-users] KMail not sending mail

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:00:01 BST 2011

Onsdag 19 oktober 2011 skrev Andras Mantia:
> Yngve Inntjore Levinsen wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have a weird issue that sometimes KMail suddenly decides to stop
> > sending my e-mails. They are stuck in the outbox and I get no warnings
> > that it failed to send. This leaves me in a state where I believe I've
> > answered e-mails for quite a while before I realise the outbox is
> > filling up.
> >
> > I'm not sure why it's happening (suspecting it's related to suspending
> > the laptop), but when it happens it does for all mail accounts. I'm
> > using SMTP, and KMail 4.7.2 no Arch Linux.
> >
> > Is this a known bug? What can I provide of info?
>
> It is reported from time to time, but we don't know the reason yet, so we
> cannot fix. Some hints and things to verify:
>
> 1) does the Mail Dispatcher Agent running (you can check in akonadiconsole)
> 2) if yes, is it online?
> 3) do you have an MBOX account?
> 4) if you run a mail check in KMail, can you see it checks *all* your
> accounts?
> 5) can you send the mails by right-clicking on Outbox and using Send Queued
> Messages?
>

> Andras

Hi,

1-2) I'll check next time
3) Hmm, no? I have four imap accounts, a "local folders" and a varmail one.
The local folders is a "maildir" I think, and when I checked the settings I
noticed it had an empty path?
4) I do receive new mails from most accounts (some are less active so not 100%
sure). I'll check more carefully next time.
5) No, definitely not. The only way I've found so far is to restart the
machine, though I suppose some kind of restart of akonadi should be sufficient..

Cheers,
Yngve