[kdepim-users] how to synchronize kmail2 etc. between two machines?

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Tue Nov 22 20:51:48 GMT 2011

Howdy,

I have two machines:  a laptop (for travel) and a desktop.  With
kmail, I rsync'd key directories and bam! my laptop was a mirror image
of my desktop.  All set for travel.

With kmail2, with the existence of a database, it may not be as
simple as rsync'ing.

Does anyone have any information on how to synchronize two machines
with akonadi in the mix?  I only wish to apply the deltas and not
re-create the entire akonadi database every time.

As a side note:  I'm currently in the throes of trying to migrate my
kmail folders by importing -- migration didn't work.  It's taking a
very long time but I also have a lot of archived e-mail.  One year
alone has nearly 21,000 messages.  :)

Cheers,
---
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)