[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sat Nov 5 09:36:34 GMT 2011

just to add my personal opinion on the subject:
I consider the cluttering of pim-data/configurations in ~/.config, ~/.local,
~/.kde (and probably elsewhere, too) which came with kde4, a great mess.
as one can see from teh discussions here, many people have no more clue where
to look if something goes wrong or gets lost.
sure, backing up just $HOME as a whole is a 'simple' solution,
but far from elegant, as this also saves all sorts of cruft (caches, temp.
files...).
this is also one of the reasons why I recently switched back to kde 3
(trinity, to be precise) after having tried all kde4 versions from 4.0 to
4.6.
and guess what: it was like coming home from a long journey :)

werner