[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Nov 5 09:03:20 GMT 2011

Am Mittwoch, 2. November 2011 schrieb Andreas Zeller:
> The last manual backup, where the files are not empty is made on 2nd
> June   2010. I assume that I made it because I updated from Kubuntu
> 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake to 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx.
>
> But I have to repeat: before 18th October 2011 my contacts are OK (but
> not   stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc).

Do you happen to have some files in

~/.kde/share/config

like

- kabcrc
- kaddressbookrc*

that might point at an alternatives storage location for contacts? Do you
remember that you might configured another storage location? If you had
working contacts before but the std.vcf files in the standard location are
empty since a long time, then as Sherlock Holmes most likely would
conclude, the contact information has to be elsewhere. But since that
wouldn´t be a standard location it would have to show up in some
configuration file where it is located.

Another step would be to grep for a known contact in your whole home
directory.

What contact related files are in .config/akonadi?

I just have:

martin at merkaba:~/.config/akonadi> cat
agent_config_akonadi_contacts_resource_0
[Agent]
Name=Personal Contacts
Online=true

Which should point to ~/.local/share/contacts where there are indead
indivudual vcf files. When you told akonadi to use a non standard
location, I think it must be noted in these config files.

Ciao,