[kdepim-users] Kontact save location?

Andreas Zeller a-zeller at web.de
Sat Nov 5 10:43:54 GMT 2011

Am 05.11.2011, 10:03 Uhr, schrieb Martin Steigerwald <Martin at lichtvoll.de>:

> Am Mittwoch, 2. November 2011 schrieb Andreas Zeller:
>> The last manual backup, where the files are not empty is made on 2nd
>> June   2010. I assume that I made it because I updated from Kubuntu
>> 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake to 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx.
>>
>> But I have to repeat: before 18th October 2011 my contacts are OK (but
>> not   stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc).
>
> Do you happen to have some files in
>
> ~/.kde/share/config
>
> like
>
> - kabcrc
> - kaddressbookrc*

I didn't found useful information inside. But I'm not really clever. ;)

> that might point at an alternatives storage location for contacts? Do you
> remember that you might configured another storage location? If you had
> working contacts before but the std.vcf files in the standard location
> are
> empty since a long time, then as Sherlock Holmes most likely would
> conclude, the contact information has to be elsewhere. But since that
> wouldn´t be a standard location it would have to show up in some
> configuration file where it is located.
>
> Another step would be to grep for a known contact in your whole home
> directory.

That's what I've done. I found eMail-addresses in

~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1
~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/collectionable.idb
~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-virtuoso.db

...but now way to restore the data jet.

Anyway, the problem is solved - for me.