[kdepim-users] Re: Kontact 4.6 / KMail2

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Jun 24 10:29:49 BST 2011

On Friday, 2011-06-24, O. Sinclair wrote:

> Thanks for the reply - it "sort of" cleared the fog. I can not remove
> "Local Folders" or "Akonadi_maildir_resource_3" from Kmail as noted.

Do they not appear in the account config section or do they not get removed
when you click remove?

> the specialmailcollectionsr file contains two lines:
> [SpecialCollections]
> DefaultResourceId=akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_0

Ah, that is the KMail folders resource, so that should be OK as it is.

> and I can not install akonadiconsole... it has a dependency on something
> from an earlier SC version.

No need here anyway since the resource registered for special folders is the
desired one (KMail Folders). That part of the migrator obviously worked as
intended. Not sure why it couldn't remove the old one though.

You could try from
kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi

> I can live with this, my main irritations are 2 at this moment:
> 1. KMail/trash does not get emptied on exit despite being set "Empty
> local Trash on exit".

Probably a bug. Can you empty trash manually?

> 2. Occasional freezes when something Kontact reports as "conflicts"
> on certain mails occur (I only use pop accounts) - have not yet managed
> to figure it out, it happens a few times a day. If I am in KMail and
> catch the message I can choose between "left one" and "right one", any
> answer works. If I am not and take no action for a while KMail
> freezes/hangs. I have a feeling it is related to gmail account but not
> sure.

I think that one already got reported.

Cheers,
Kevin