[kdepim-users] Re: Migration mixedmail resource fails [SOLVED]

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jun 13 13:01:45 BST 2011

Hi Günter,

On Sunday, 2011-06-12, Günter Lichtenberg wrote:

> Then looked at the orginal Mail folder again. There I saw an empty folder
> 'oldindex'. Although I do not remember it, it could be that  I created it
> to move the index files of kmail to while I was experimenting with beta
> versions of kdepim earlier this year. I removed this folder and now
> everything seems to work. So apparently it was my dumb mistake.
>
> I checked the messages from the failed migration, but a message with a
> reference  'oldindex' did not appear, so the messages of migrator/kmail are
> somewhat misleading. If you like me to dig further into that I could try,
> although this could take a while since my time is rather limited at the
> moment.

Where was this folder located? Inside Mail/ or inside Mail/inbox?

> Other remarks (not complaining, just observing):
> - After migration I had to go to the top Kmail folder and make a manual
> 'Update folder and its subfolders' to see the mails (but maybe I did not
> wait long enough, although it was a minute or so)

The migration basically only maps the folder structure of the local mail
storage into Akonadi in order to keep the migration process as short as
possible.
Theoretically clicking on any such folder in KMail should fetch the message
headers of all messages in that folder, but there could be a bug somewhere.

> So, sorry to have bothered you, after all it was apparently my mistake.  I
> really appreciate all the work you do for kdepim and happily use it for
> over 10 years now.

No problem at all, thank you for your feedback.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring