[kdepim-users] Re: Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10 together with Kontact.

Pascal Hasko Bernhard pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:11:41 GMT 2011

Am Mittwoch 26 Januar 2011, 11:05:35 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> Hi Bas. After using KOrganizer and Kaddressbook for years I've
> recently abandoned them for Google's calendar and contacts. They are
> not perfect, but I can access them in any device. As I had abandoned
> Kmail for Thunderbird years ago I found a Thunderbird addon that opens
> two additional Thunderbird tabs: one for contacts and one for
> calendar. There is no integration between my Thunderbird contacts and
> my Google contacts, I actually want it that way!

Hi Dotan!

In fact there is a Thunderbird add-on that does exactly that. It's called
"Zindus" and works fine. You can even use it separately from your mail-account
settings when you don't fetch your Googlemail messages via Thunderbird. It
lets you configure which way to sync your contacts, it can do it both ways and
also how to settle synchronisation conflicts. I believe it is even one of the
recommended add-ons, Thunderbird suggests to you when you go to Extras >
Addons

Hope that will help you,

Pascal

Pascal Bernhard