[kdepim-users] Re: Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10 together with Kontact.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 10:59:30 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 23:11, Pascal Hasko Bernhard
<pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 26 Januar 2011, 11:05:35 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
>> Hi Bas. After using KOrganizer and Kaddressbook for years I've
>> recently abandoned them for Google's calendar and contacts. They are
>> not perfect, but I can access them in any device. As I had abandoned
>> Kmail for Thunderbird years ago I found a Thunderbird addon that opens
>> two additional Thunderbird tabs: one for contacts and one for
>> calendar. There is no integration between my Thunderbird contacts and
>> my Google contacts, I actually want it that way!
>
> Hi Dotan!
>
> In fact there is a Thunderbird add-on that does exactly that. It's called
> "Zindus" and works fine. You can even use it separately from your mail-account
> settings when you don't fetch your Googlemail messages via Thunderbird. It
> lets you configure which way to sync your contacts, it can do it both ways and
> also how to settle synchronisation conflicts. I believe it is even one of the
> recommended add-ons, Thunderbird suggests to you when you go to Extras >
> Addons

Thank you Pascal. I meant that I do not want my Tbird contacts mixed
with my Google contacts. But the Zindus addon might be useful for
those that do. In their interest, here is a link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/zindus/

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen