[kdepim-users] Re: Looking for a "smartphone" that can cooperate with Kubuntu 10.10 together with Kontact.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 07:13:25 GMT 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 23:11, Markus Feilner <lists at feilner-it.net> wrote:
> That's really strange, it worked fine here with a Nokia 6230i, 6500 slide and
> a N900 - I don't remember the name of the Sony Ericsson, a red and
> rectangular one... Did you also try sending vcard files via bluetooth?
> The N900 (okay, that set a lot of bars higher...) could even export all the
> adressbook to a file or a directory, and if I remember right you could choose
> between v2.0 and v.3.0 - and successfully import that to both KDE 3 and 4's
> Kontact. At least here it worked.  :-)
> As to the bugs, I seem to have been lucky... Such things never happened here,
> but I often worked with the enterprise-branch, perhaps some things were fixed
> there?

The most recent Nokias were the 6280, 6288, (non-Symbian), E71, N95,
and N86 (Symbian). None of them handle vCard natively. Neither did the
wife's Samsung UGH-900 or her previous Samsung that I forgot the model
number of.

I think that I did get vCard import working on an old N-Gage (Symbian)
but I really don't remember the details. I am almost certain that it
took third-party software to do, though.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com