[kdepim-users] copying data files from KMail, KAddressBook and KOrganizer in KDE 4.2.4

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Dec 29 16:51:23 GMT 2011

Hi again,

Answers inline...

On Torsdag den 29. december 2011, Louis Hinman wrote:
> Hi, Anders --
>
> Thank you for addressing my questions.
>
> Your advice with KWallet was very helpful.
>
> I have tried to follow your directions with KAddressBook, KOrganizer and
> KMail, but I'm stuck

I do not know your KDE version. For KDE 4, this is what I would do:

Start systemsettings and go to the "personal information" section. That will
bring up the akonadi resources module, where you can find your calendars and
address book resources. Select one and click edit or modify to see the
configuration, there is the location of your data.

For kmail, if you use kmail2, there will be mail resources as well. If you use
older kmail (kdepim 4.4), your mail will be either in KDEHOME/share/apps/kmail
(where KDEHOME is ~/.kde or ~/kde4 usually) or in ~/Mail

Let us know if you find it :)

--
Anders