[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] Default identity not working again

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Dec 29 12:11:34 GMT 2011

Dropped developers mailing list from Cc.

Am Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2011 schrieb Marc Deop:
> On Wednesday 28 December 2011 18:52:31 John Aldrich wrote:
> > Bug 289785, for anyone who cares to look into what the devil is going
> > on with KMail lately.
>
> Dude, you seriously need to review your attitude and writing. Every
> time I read your emails I feel "attacked" and offended and I am no kde
> developer. I can't imagine how the real devs feel.
>
> Therefore, please, calm down a bit.

+1

And please stay on kdepim-users mailing list for user questions.

I know its frustrating when an application does not work as expected.
Especially when its the MUA that you use daily. Still demanding immediate
help in a tone like I received when reading your mails, John, would scare
me away from even answering.

Its one thing to express own feelings like "I am frustrated about this and
this, could you please help" with a detailed description of whats going
wrong, error messages that come up… and another one accusing others and
demanding immediate help.

I like your bug report, John. Now if you write your mails in a similar
tone I think you raise your chances to receive help. Some patience would
still be good - especially in these hopefully quiet and calm days. If
nothing else helps it might be good to use a different MUA for a while
instead of repeating the frustration. Although I know that switching MUA
isn´t easy at times.

I don´t know a solution to your problem. I am still with KDEPIM 4.4.5.

Ciao,