[kdepim-users] Maildir Backend for Akonadi?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Aug 9 14:43:15 BST 2011

Georg Wittenburg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just took the leap and migrated my mail over to KMail2/Akonadi. The new
> system is quite a bit different with the extra layer of indirection that
> is Akonadi, and hence I have a few question on how to properly set up my
> accounts.
>
> Let's start with a simple one: Apparently, Akonadi stores all mail for my
> disconnected IMAP accounts in some kind of database format in
> ~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/. Not that I don't trust the KDEPIM
> devs, but I'd really like to have my the local cache of my (disconnected)
> IMAP account in maildir format (just as in KMail1). Is this possible, and
> if so could some please point me to the relevant documentation and/or the
> configuration dialog?

 No, the cache is right now in the database. Why would you want a second
cache? With IMAP the cache is synchronized relatively often with the server,
so you have everything on the server as well.
 With kmail2 the difference between disconnected is online IMAP is just that
in disconnected mode not only the headers are downloaded, but the mail body
as well. The storage is the same (the database and the file_db_data folder).

Andras