[kdepim-users] Maildir Backend for Akonadi?

Georg Wittenburg georg.wittenburg at gmx.net
Sat Aug 6 23:06:50 BST 2011

Hi all,

I just took the leap and migrated my mail over to KMail2/Akonadi. The new
system is quite a bit different with the extra layer of indirection that is
Akonadi, and hence I have a few question on how to properly set up my
accounts.

Let's start with a simple one: Apparently, Akonadi stores all mail for my
disconnected IMAP accounts in some kind of database format in
~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/. Not that I don't trust the KDEPIM devs,
but I'd really like to have my the local cache of my (disconnected) IMAP
account in maildir format (just as in KMail1). Is this possible, and if so
could some please point me to the relevant documentation and/or the
configuration dialog?

Thanks,

	Georg