[kdepim-users] deleting resource "manually"?

Ameretat Reith ameretat.reith at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:27:35 BST 2011

On Jumee 14 Mordad 1390 14:53:03 Matthias Lechner wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have the following problem: Some months ago, I experimented a bit with
> Google Calendar synchronization using an akonadi_gcal_resource. Since it did
> not work out as well as expected, I wanted to get rid of it and uninstalled
> the corresponding package. Unfortunately, I was  unable to remove one of
> the resources from KOrganizer: Nothing happened when a clicked "delete"
> there. I tried to remove  the corresponding files in ./config/akonadi
> (which was probably not a very good idea, but I didn't know about the
> akonadi control module or akonadi console when I did this), but obviously
> this did not help either. After I installed akonadi console a few days ago,
> the akonadi_gcal_resource in question does not appear in the "Agents"
> window, but in the "Browser", where I cannot remove it either. I suppose
> that the MySQL database that underlies akonadi has some entry that contains
> it. Looking at the resourcetable in the "DB Browser" indeed confirms that.
> What I probably need to do now is to remove this entry using some MySQL
> command. Could somebody tell me how to do that properly? Or am I completely
> wrong here and should do something else?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Kind regards,
> Mat

I had similar problem with an IMAP account. any attempt to remove account
folder in KMail was unsuccessful. Akonadi configuration manager didn't show any
IMAP account but it was in kmail. finally forced to remove data from MySQL.
In my case, simply removing appropriate account from `CollectionTable' - and
related data from another table that i don't remember it's name - works, maybe
better solutions exist.
--
Amir Ghassemi Nasr (Reith)
GPG ID: 371035B4 (http://46.4.214.112/~reith/reith.asc)