[kdepim-users] deleting resource "manually"?

Matthias Lechner mat.lechner at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:53:03 BST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem: Some months ago, I experimented a bit with
Google Calendar synchronization using an akonadi_gcal_resource. Since it did
not work out as well as expected, I wanted to get rid of it and uninstalled
the corresponding package. Unfortunately, I was  unable to remove one of the
resources from KOrganizer: Nothing happened when a clicked "delete" there. I
tried to remove  the corresponding files in ./config/akonadi (which was probably
not a very good idea, but I didn't know about the akonadi control module or
akonadi console when I did this), but obviously this did not help either.
After I installed akonadi console a few days ago, the akonadi_gcal_resource in
question does not appear in the "Agents" window, but in the "Browser", where I
cannot remove it either. I suppose that the MySQL database that underlies
akonadi has some entry that contains it. Looking at the resourcetable in the
"DB Browser" indeed confirms that. What I probably need to do now is to remove
this entry using some MySQL command. Could somebody tell me how to do that
properly? Or am I completely wrong here and should do something else?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Mat