[kdepim-users] KAddressBook in Kmail

Charles Brescia charles.brescia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:15:17 BST 2011

Hello:
    I am a relative new comer to Linux, I am using Ubuntu (Gnome) 11.04
operating system and have been using Evolution as my email client and at one
point imported a contact list from MS Outlook into Evolution.  I have
however, been unhappy with its format and have been looking for something to
replace it.  I have been experimenting with Kontact and I really like the
way I can organize things in it.  I loaded a few contacts into KAddressBook
and went to Kmail to compose an email, when I try to "Select" a "To"
recipient KAddressBook is not an option and the list of emails that KMail
appears to be accessing looks like old emails that had been imported into
Evolution.  Where is KMail pulling this list from and how do I get it to
access KAddressBook?  Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Charles