[kdepim-users] Re: Backup Akonadi data

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 7 19:33:24 BST 2010

On Thursday 07 October 2010 12:40:37 David Goodenough wrote:
> If I want to move from one machine to another, but keep all my address
> book info etc (and in future all my emails), is there a backup/restore
> facility in Akonadi?  If not I would suggest that one is needed - is there
> any documentation as to what gets stored where so that one could be
> written?
>
> Similarly if I want to synchronise my akonadi data between say a laptop
> and a desktop is there a way to do this?

I think you'll find the answers you need in
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_and_AddressBook - it was written by one of the
addressbook developers.

> Also is the format the same independent of the database that is used.
> If so can this be used to migrate from MySql to Postgresql?

I believe some people do use Postgresql.  There is no migration path as such,
though, to my knowledge.  It is expected that if you want to do that you will
know what needs doing.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group