[kdepim-users] Re: Kmail retriving from procmail

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Wed Nov 10 19:53:15 GMT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2010, um 20:31:22 schrieb Stan Goodman:
> Now I wish instead for fetchmail to do that, and to feed its output to
> procmail, which will perform some filtering operations before making its
> output available to Kmail

this is a common scenario - best suited for use with a local imap server, to
which kmail talks and receives mail from.
all you have to do for this is (in addition to the fetchmail/procmail setup)
-	setup and configure the local imap server
-	configure kmail to use this
as an example, I have documented my own configuration (using courier imap,
including bogofilter in addition) here:
http://www.hoernerfranzracing.de/kde/spam.php
(of course you can also use any other imap server, e.g. dovecot, which is said
to be somewhat easier to configure than courier..)

werner