[kdepim-users] Re: Kmail retriving from procmail

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Wed Nov 10 21:23:11 GMT 2010

At 21:53:15 on Wednesday Wednesday 10 November 2010, Werner Joss
<werner at hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2010, um 20:31:22 schrieb Stan Goodman:
> > Now I wish instead for fetchmail to do that, and to feed its output
> > to procmail, which will perform some filtering operations before
> > making its output available to Kmail
>
> this is a common scenario - best suited for use with a local imap
> server, to which kmail talks and receives mail from.
> all you have to do for this is (in addition to the fetchmail/procmail
> setup) -	setup and configure the local imap server
> -	configure kmail to use this
> as an example, I have documented my own configuration (using courier
> imap, including bogofilter in addition) here:
> http://www.hoernerfranzracing.de/kde/spam.php
> (of course you can also use any other imap server, e.g. dovecot, which
> is said to be somewhat easier to configure than courier..)
>
> werner

Thank you for your note.

None of the above resembles anything I have read or heard from others. It
is my  understanding that fetchmail is to retrieve mail directly from the
servers (which which are in Ohio, California, and Russia); I have not
heard that I need a local server. My understanding is as I described in my
query, that Kmail (in its receiving mode) doesn't see remote servers at
all. Nowhere have I read anything else.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on