[kdepim-users] Re: Kmail retriving from procmail

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Wed Nov 10 23:00:44 GMT 2010

At 00:35:34 on Thursday Thursday 11 November 2010, Ingo Klöcker
<kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
> KMail does not cope well if another application like procmail messes
> around with KMail's folders. That's why our recommendation is to use a
> local IMAP server in combination with fetchmail and procmail.
>
> A possible alternative is the usage of "Local mailbox" accounts to
> make  KMail fetch the messages from the files procmail writes the
> messages to. See http://kmail.kde.org/manual/faq.html#id2793464 for
> details.

Yes, I read that Tuesday, and quoted it a few minutes ago in this thread,
in answer to the suggestion that I configure procmail to deposit its
output messages in user files from which Kmail should retrieve them. So
that was the plan I had in mind when I wrote this query. The question I am
asking is related only to Kmail, namely how to I configure Kmail to
retrieve messages from those files (what you are calling local mailboxes)
instead of from the remote servers?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on