[kdepim-users] More breakage on upgrade to 4.4.3

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Sun May 23 04:59:48 BST 2010

I haven't yet had a stable addressbook interface going, but the upgrade
to 4.4.3 (Debian testing) has made things much worse.  Let me see if I
can enumerate the problems:

- I use VCard directory to store my 16K+ contacts.  kaddressbook now
doesn't allow me to add that as a data source, giving the message:

  Could not add address book: Agent instance creation timed out

- I had a binary address book and an LDAP address book (for testing
earlier) which I'd removed.  Now they're back in kaddressbook, and I
cannot delete them.

- Control centre/Advanced/KDE Resources does show me my dir address
book, but does not allow me to add any more.  The only options in the
drop-down are: Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Alarms.

- Every time I open Akonadi Configuration I get a couple more address
books resources in the list out of nowhere.  I delete them and they come
back after a while.

Incidentally I'm also the author of KBBDB
(http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/57937) and I have no clue what the
DBUS interface to add a VCard to an address book is anymore.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Log outputs, screenshots, debugging available on request.

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/