[kdepim-users] what's with changing my shortcuts???

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 21:31:14 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 March 2010, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> I'm not aware of the existence of something like "jumble all shortcuts".
> KMail stores user defined shortcuts in
>   ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/kmcomposerui.rc
> and
>   ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/kmmainwin.rc
> for the composer and the main window, respectively. (Depending on your
> distribution you might have to look into ~/.kde4 instead of ~/.kde.)
>
> As you have problems with the shortcut for sending mail have a look into
> kmcomposerui.rc. The shortcuts are defined at the end of this file. If
> your copy of kmcomposerui.rc doesn't look suspicious (or if you do not
> find this file in the above mentioned location) then have a look at the
> global copy of this file. On openSUSE it is in
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/kmail/kmcomposerui.rc
>
> Could it be that the problems were actually caused by the VNC client?
> Did the problem with the wrong shortcuts persist after you restarted the
> VNC client?

Seriously doubt it was VNC as I've been using it for a long time. And no,
the problem went away when I shut down the VNC server and restarted it and
then changed my shortcuts to what I wanted them to be. I'm beginning to
really dislike Akonadi and all that other crap that got added on to KMail
as it seems to have been one problem after another since the upgrade to
KDE4.4. :-(