[kdepim-users] Akonadi or address book problem

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Mar 27 13:54:44 GMT 2010

On Saturday 27 March 2010 12:44:31 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Samstag, 27. März 2010 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > On Friday 26 March 2010 20:09:13 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > > Am Freitag, 26. März 2010 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> --- snipped out stuff ---
> >
> > Did you set anything specific to autostart it?  I never have done.
> > It's always just started as default.  I'm just wondering whether
> > it is actually trying to start twice - if two different settings
> > are working on it. Check ~/.kde/Autostart and ~/.kde/env if it
> > exists - make sure that it's not in either.  Other than that, I've
> > no further ideas at the moment.
>
> I only set/reset the option "start at login time" of the korgac
> systemtray icon (right-click-menu). So afaik no other korgac starting
> from autostart.

OK - I checked mine.  I have Enable Reminders checked, but 'Start Reminder
Daemon at Login' is not checked.  That works perfectly for me.

> > FWIW, I have IMAP mail from my own server
> > Local Addressbook - since remote addressbook file was disabled, a
> > year or two back
> > KOrganizer on my server, so working remotely
> >
> > Apart from mail, none of the others are using the IMAP service, so
> > it's somewhat similar to yours, but also has some significant
> > differences if you are using IMAP contacts.
>
> Yep, I use IMAP contacts and appointments which is very nice as I can
> access this data remote over a single imap connection. I have a local
> imap server running for at least 5 years (on those nice mandrake linux
> systems). Different to your setup I use cyrus imap server.

I use dovecot IMAP, but that shouldn't make any difference.  I did try once to
set up korganizer and kaddressbook via IMAP, but I hit the problem of mail
messages being downloaded many times.  I couldn't solve it, so I gave up.
Perhaps I should give it another try.  Presumably if I got that working the
addressbook and organizer would be available to me when I collect mail whilst
away from home, too.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group