[kdepim-users] Akonadi or address book problem

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sat Mar 27 15:27:11 GMT 2010

Am Samstag, 27. März 2010 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Saturday 27 March 2010 12:44:31 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > --- snipped out stuff ---
> >
> > > Did you set anything specific to autostart it?  I never have
> > > done. It's always just started as default.  I'm just wondering
> > > whether it is actually trying to start twice - if two
> > > different settings are working on it. Check ~/.kde/Autostart
> > > and ~/.kde/env if it exists - make sure that it's not in
> > > either.  Other than that, I've no further ideas at the moment.
> >
> > I only set/reset the option "start at login time" of the korgac
> > systemtray icon (right-click-menu). So afaik no other korgac
> > starting from autostart.
>
> OK - I checked mine.  I have Enable Reminders checked, but 'Start
> Reminder Daemon at Login' is not checked.  That works perfectly
> for me.

That are the same settings as I have now.

> > > FWIW, I have IMAP mail from my own server
> > > Local Addressbook - since remote addressbook file was disabled,
> > > a year or two back
> > > KOrganizer on my server, so working remotely
> > >
> > > Apart from mail, none of the others are using the IMAP service,
> > > so it's somewhat similar to yours, but also has some
> > > significant differences if you are using IMAP contacts.
> >
> > Yep, I use IMAP contacts and appointments which is very nice as I
> > can access this data remote over a single imap connection. I
> > have a local imap server running for at least 5 years (on those
> > nice mandrake linux systems). Different to your setup I use
> > cyrus imap server.
>
> I use dovecot IMAP, but that shouldn't make any difference.  I did
> try once to set up korganizer and kaddressbook via IMAP, but I hit
> the problem of mail messages being downloaded many times.  I
> couldn't solve it, so I gave up. Perhaps I should give it another
> try.  Presumably if I got that working the addressbook and
> organizer would be available to me when I collect mail whilst away
> from home, too.

And the Horde is able to use the new (Kolab 2) format so you can set
up a html base groupware client with all the data you have with
kontact, at least in theory - I had no success with the setup of
horde.

I think imap base contacts and appointments are worth a try. You don't
loose anything (except time and may be your patience).

> Anne

Martin