[kdepim-users] No addressbook to add to

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Mar 29 19:57:11 BST 2010

On Monday 29 March 2010 17:21:56 Art Alexion wrote:
> > Did you set the Default addressbook?
>
> I don't recall (I'm not at home to check, now).  I don't have the problem
> at  this work computer.

Well it's only a few days since I discovered where this option had been moved
to.  At that point I re-wrote the whole of KAddressBook and Akonadi -
splitting off where it helped for clarity, and linking as necessary.  Take
another look at KAddressBook.  I think the bit about the Default is what you
are missing.

> > This feels realy weird, as so far I don't see any clue as to where your
> > problem actually is.
>
> Tell me about it...
>
> By the way, where are recent addresses stored.  They seem to be available
> all  of the time.

They are in kmailrc.

> Is there a way to copy or move recent addresses to a
> more permanent addressbook?

Once we can get you working that shouldn't be hard.  Right-click in the header
section of a Compose window and you can see Edit Recent Addresses.  You'll be
able to copy and paste them easily enough.  Actually, I think the easiest way
would be to paste them into a fake email To: field, then let KMail add them to
your addressbook.  Still, there are probably several ways to do it - I'm sure
you'll find one that works best for you.

> How is "recent" defined?  Can I change that?

That I don't know, sorry.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group