[kdepim-users] quoting text in reply in KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Mar 3 21:17:18 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 March 2010, Louis Hinman wrote:
> I just upgraded my Linux installation from Slackkware 12.2 (which
> used KDE 3.5.10) to Slackware 13.0, which incorporates KDE 4.2.4.
>
> I am finding that reply emails fail to include text of the original
> email.  (In 3.5.10, the reply includes the entire text of the
> original email by default (otherwise, whatever part of the original
> text you select).
>
> Is there someplace to adjust this?

Please see the following thread in the archive:
http://kde.markmail.org/message/d43rhnt2dsszfurl

> Also, I had Composer set to use the external editor:  gvim %f
> This was working, but it unaccountably disappeared and now when I try
> to set it again in the configuraton screen for Composer, it
> disappers again.

Quite some time ago another user reported problems with using an
external editor. It's not unlikely that there's a bug in this feature as
it isn't used that often. I suggest to check bugs.kde.org for an
existing bug. If you cannot find an existing bug report for this then
please file a new one.