[kdepim-users] Akonadi or address book problem

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Mar 26 20:09:13 GMT 2010

Am Freitag, 26. März 2010 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Friday 26 March 2010 17:18:36 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 23. März 2010 schrieb Martin (KDE):
> > > Hallo
> > >
> > > since my upgrade to KDE 4.4.1 I got the following error message
> > > (see attached dialog) wich states: Initialization based on
> > > stored configuration failed.
> >
> > After some more investigation I think I have found the root of my
> > problem. It is korgac (this nice organizer remaining thingy)
> > which failed. If I disable autostart of korgac my kontact starts
> > up faster and without any error.
> >
> > This seems to be a problem if you have
> > - imap contacts
> > - imap calendar
> > - and korgac starting at startup
> >
> > I still don't know why, but It is running right now.
>
> AIUI, korgac is the reminder daemon, so that's surprising.  Could
> there be a state lock or something like that interfering?

That's my guess. As my kmail/kontact has a huge delay at startup
(about 30 seconds). To be honest, I think this delay is in there for a
while now (4.4.0 or even longer), but since my 4.4.1 update it brings
the error message. And I noticed today, since the update the korgac
systray icon was missing. With disabled autostart it is visible again.

As kontact starts automatically after login the korgac is starting
shortly after kontact without any problems.

And yes, it is the reminder thingy .

> Anne

Martin