[kdepim-users] Akonadi or address book problem

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Mar 27 10:47:59 GMT 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010 20:09:13 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Freitag, 26. März 2010 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> > > After some more investigation I think I have found the root of my
> > > problem. It is korgac (this nice organizer remaining thingy)
> > > which failed. If I disable autostart of korgac my kontact starts
> > > up faster and without any error.
> > >
> > > This seems to be a problem if you have
> > > - imap contacts
> > > - imap calendar
> > > - and korgac starting at startup
> > >
> > > I still don't know why, but It is running right now.
> >
> > AIUI, korgac is the reminder daemon, so that's surprising.  Could
> > there be a state lock or something like that interfering?
>
> That's my guess. As my kmail/kontact has a huge delay at startup
> (about 30 seconds). To be honest, I think this delay is in there for a
> while now (4.4.0 or even longer),

Yes, that's when it started working with nepomuk and akonadi.  It was much
worse under 4.4.0 than it is now, but there still is a very appreciable delay.
I hope that this is something that will improve.

> but since my 4.4.1 update it brings
> the error message. And I noticed today, since the update the korgac
> systray icon was missing. With disabled autostart it is visible again.

Did you set anything specific to autostart it?  I never have done.  It's
always just started as default.  I'm just wondering whether it is actually
trying to start twice - if two different settings are working on it. Check
~/.kde/Autostart and ~/.kde/env if it exists - make sure that it's not in
either.  Other than that, I've no further ideas at the moment.

> As kontact starts automatically after login the korgac is starting
> shortly after kontact without any problems.
>
> And yes, it is the reminder thingy .

FWIW, I have IMAP mail from my own server
Local Addressbook - since remote addressbook file was disabled, a year or two
back
KOrganizer on my server, so working remotely

Apart from mail, none of the others are using the IMAP service, so it's
somewhat similar to yours, but also has some significant differences if you
are using IMAP contacts.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group