[kdepim-users] Smartphone searched which can do a local sync with Kontact (KDE > 4.4.3)

Ecaroh lists at datenarbeiter.de
Sun Jun 20 14:30:32 BST 2010

Hello!

Nowadays i sync my Palm Treo 650 via USB HotSync/Kpilot with Kontact
1.2.9 on Lenny/KDE 3.5.10. As kpilot is not in KDE SC 4.4 anymore and
my Palm is getting old i am searching for a smartphone which can do the
job as good as my Palm does. And, it does it nearly perfect!

Includes (Must have):
 * Local sync via USB/WLAN (Bluetooth)
 * Sync *all* Kontact Data: contacts, tasks, calendar
 * For the Phone: UMTS
 * Working under Debian (Lenny/Squeeze) / Ubuntu (Karmic/Lucid)

Nice to have:
 * any keyboard instead of a touchscreen
 * HSDPA
 * Linux as OS

Excludes (k.o.):
 * Sync via Internet
 * Sync via services like funambol
 * Sync via Google
 * Any compiler orgy

I do not want to sync my business data over any public network and
prefer the local sync. Yes, I have searched the internet up and down,
but did not find an reliable answer.

Does anybody knows a combination of a smartphone and software which can
sync localy with Kontact (KDE SC > 4.x)? And if not, is there any other
opensource PIM (Evolution, ...) which can sync as described with an up
to date smartphone?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Ecaroh

PS: Uhm, don't force me to use a native Kontact on Nokia N900, the
screen is to small and my eyes to bad. But if there is any PIM for the
N900 which syncs to my Kontact desktop this might be a solution.