[kdepim-users] Moving message to folder when mail is opened

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Jul 11 16:22:15 BST 2010

On Sunday 11 July 2010 13:41:53 Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 11. Juli 2010 14:02:59 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > On Sunday 11 July 2010 12:42:32 Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> > > Sorry Ingo,
> > > I didn't to insult anybody. It's just that all programs seem to have
> > > things I don't like. That's why I use two different mail applications
> > > (Outlook is not an option with Linux and above all too slow and has too
> > > many features I don't use and see no sense in using), each with its
> > > advantages and its drawbacks. In general I find most software somewhat
> > > dissatisfying, but as I'm not a developer, I cannot improve or
> > > customize it, only complain about it, which is easier anyway! :-).
> > > Well, it seems that different people have different expectations about
> > > what a specific program is supposed to do. Apparently I have a weird
> > > taste that is not commonly shared. I didn't mean that developers do not
> > > care about users, but that both groups do not want the same features as
> > > I do. Looking forward to Kmail2, whenever it will be released. Is there
> > > some sort of informal release schedule? I know that things always take
> > > longer than originally planned, just to have an idea.
> >
> > The reason many of us choose KMail is its sheer configurability.  Of
> > course you have to invest a little time in setting it up as you want it
> > to be, but then that's true of anything useful.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne,
>
> you are right that Kmail is more configurable than other mail programs. In
> Evolution you can not even customize the toolbar.
> But as you mention configurability: when I open an HTML-message the font
> are forbiddingly small (2-3 pt) as I have a 1900x1280 resolution. I can
> zoom quite easily be scrolling while pressing the CTRL-key. But I would
> like to set a default zoom level. Is there a possibility to do that? When
> customizing the toolbar, I didn't see a 'zoom indicator' like we have in a
> PDF-viewer. I know, Kmail is a mail program whose primary job is not to
> display documents, but it would be nice not having to zoom in everytime I
> open a HTML-message. Font size is fine, when reading mails from 'normal'
> people, then I can set the font size and type in the editor configuration.

HTML support is minimal, largely because most of us dislike the security
problems that accompany it, so there was never much demand for it until
recently.  You can probably expect more support in KMail2.  I have one folder
only in which I allow html mail - coming from certain trusted sources.  I have
never had a problem with font size, although my resolution is not as great as
yours.  Does changing the font size for all sections of KMail have no effect
on this?

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group