[kdepim-users] Moving message to folder when mail is opened

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jul 11 16:33:30 BST 2010

Pascal, please do not include your public PGP key in all of your
messages. Anybody interested in your key can easily fetch it from a
keyserver. It suffices if you include the fingerprint of your key in the
footer of your messages.

On Sunday 11 July 2010, Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 11. Juli 2010 14:02:59 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > On Sunday 11 July 2010 12:42:32 Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> > > Sorry Ingo,
> > > I didn't to insult anybody. It's just that all programs seem to
> > > have things I don't like. That's why I use two different mail
> > > applications (Outlook is not an option with Linux and above all
> > > too slow and has too many features I don't use and see no sense
> > > in using), each with its advantages and its drawbacks. In
> > > general I find most software somewhat dissatisfying, but as I'm
> > > not a developer, I cannot improve or customize it, only complain
> > > about it, which is easier anyway! :-). Well, it seems that
> > > different people have different expectations about what a
> > > specific program is supposed to do. Apparently I have a weird
> > > taste that is not commonly shared. I didn't mean that developers
> > > do not care about users, but that both groups do not want the
> > > same features as I do. Looking forward to Kmail2, whenever it
> > > will be released. Is there some sort of informal release
> > > schedule? I know that things always take longer than originally
> > > planned, just to have an idea.
> >
> > The reason many of us choose KMail is its sheer configurability.
> > Of course you have to invest a little time in setting it up as you
> > want it to be, but then that's true of anything useful.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne,
>
> you are right that Kmail is more configurable than other mail
> programs. In Evolution you can not even customize the toolbar.
> But as you mention configurability: when I open an HTML-message the
> font are forbiddingly small (2-3 pt) as I have a 1900x1280
> resolution.

Hmm. This should not happen unless the font in the HTML messages is
explicitly set to such a small size. As KMail uses Konqueror HTML
rendering engine (khtml) the following might help:
- Start Konqueror
- Open Konqueror's configuration dialog, select "Web
Browsing/Appearance"
- On the Fonts tab set minimum font size and medium font size.