[kdepim-users] Moving message to folder when mail is opened

Pascal Bernhard pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 11 13:41:53 BST 2010

Am Sonntag, 11. Juli 2010 14:02:59 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 11 July 2010 12:42:32 Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> > Sorry Ingo,
> > I didn't to insult anybody. It's just that all programs seem to have
> > things I don't like. That's why I use two different mail applications
> > (Outlook is not an option with Linux and above all too slow and has too
> > many features I don't use and see no sense in using), each with its
> > advantages and its drawbacks. In general I find most software somewhat
> > dissatisfying, but as I'm not a developer, I cannot improve or customize
> > it, only complain about it, which is easier anyway! :-).
> > Well, it seems that different people have different expectations about
> > what a specific program is supposed to do. Apparently I have a weird
> > taste that is not commonly shared. I didn't mean that developers do not
> > care about users, but that both groups do not want the same features as
> > I do. Looking forward to Kmail2, whenever it will be released. Is there
> > some sort of informal release schedule? I know that things always take
> > longer than originally planned, just to have an idea.
>
> The reason many of us choose KMail is its sheer configurability.  Of course
> you have to invest a little time in setting it up as you want it to be, but
> then that's true of anything useful.
>
> Anne
Hi Anne,

you are right that Kmail is more configurable than other mail programs. In
Evolution you can not even customize the toolbar.
But as you mention configurability: when I open an HTML-message the font are
forbiddingly small (2-3 pt) as I have a 1900x1280 resolution. I can zoom quite
easily be scrolling while pressing the CTRL-key. But I would like to set a
default zoom level. Is there a possibility to do that? When customizing the
toolbar, I didn't see a 'zoom indicator' like we have in a PDF-viewer. I know,
Kmail is a mail program whose primary job is not to display documents, but it
would be nice not having to zoom in everytime I open a HTML-message. Font size
is fine, when reading mails from 'normal' people, then I can set the font size
and type in the editor configuration.
--

Pascal Bernhard
Schwalbacher Straße 7