[kdepim-users] CSV Export Re-arranges Data

John Gutierrez jtgutier at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 1 20:53:06 BST 2010

Wow, am I unhappy.

I just upgraded from 4.3.5 to 4.4. After exporting (CSV) my contacts from the
"migrated" addressbook and running all of my shell scripts to create html
pages, I discovered that the Data was all JUMBLED!

Looking at the 'header' file of the exported files, I discovered that indeed,
the fields have been substantially moved around.

There was no warning that this would happen during the "automatic migration
process'" which took place when opening the application for the first time.

I would consider this a major problem for anyone using csv exports in a
production environment.  For me, it is a great pain to redo all of my shell
scripts for my personal use.  Please don't do this again.

I hope that the other export choices were not so drastically affected.

I'm using OpenSUSE 11.2 and updated from their Desktop Factory repository.

John Gutierrez