[kdepim-users] http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Environment_Setup

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Fri Jan 15 14:36:32 GMT 2010

Hi Anne,

On Thursday 14 January 2010 18:09:22 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 14 January 2010 14:30:33 Martin Koller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when I log into the KDE session (4.4 RC1) and kmail starts, it also starts
> > akonadi. Now I get an error dialog, telling me that akonadi could not find
> > resource agents.
> >
> > Looking at the above link on userbase does mention XDG_DATA_DIRS but it
> > does not tell me the main essential thing: what is a resource agent ?
> > What does akonadi really look for (an executable ?) and how can I find it
> > to correct the path if it does not find it automatically.
> >
> > Thanks for help.
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi will answer some of your questions.  To add a
> resource, in krunner (alt+F2) type 'akonadi' and 'akonadi console' will be one
> of the options.  You can migrate your old addressbook from there, or just tell
> it that you want to use the old one without any of the longer-term advantages
> that akonadi will bring.

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't help at all.
As you might see in my original mail, I'm referring exactly to the webpage you mention.
And that page at the mentioned paragraph is not useful to me.

I have migrated (or whatever kaddressbook did with my existing addressbook when I ran it
the first time) and usually I can use it (I see the contacts, etc.).

However the above mentioned error dialog appears when I log in - and therefore
my question: What does that message want to tell me and how can I solve it.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at