[kdepim-users] New Kaddressbook issues

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:08:07 GMT 2010

I have noticed the following issues which prevent me from using the
new Kaddressbook in KDE SC 4.4 RC1:

1) In the main view, I cannot show Given Name column, Family Name
column, or Role column.
2) In the main view, I cannot filter by Category.
3) Opening a contact via Krunner opens the vcard in Kate.
4) Krunner shows confusing results when searching for a name. See
attached screenshot.
5) ‎The "Apply" button is missing from the Edit Contact dialogue.
6) Missing Fields: Multiple IM addresses, Categories, Edit different
parts of the name (for some of my contacts I only know the given nane,
for others only the family name), Custom Fields.

Additionally, I have these questions:
1) Why is the Notes field under business?
2) Why does the photo field show twice (Contact and Business)? If this
is meant to be Photo and Logo, then they are unlabed and the user has
no way of knowing that this is the intention.

There are also other small, non-showstopper issues such as the
inability to hide the Resources pane, even when there is only one
resource.What can be taken care of, and on which issues should I start
filing bugs?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dotan Cohen