[kdepim-users] kmail does not have a consistent layout

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 20:23:03 GMT 2010

On Friday 15 January 2010 09:40:42 Avinash Thirumalai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am running KDE4 on opensuse 11.2, and have a problem with the
> kmail layout.
>
> I have setup different identities in Kmail to deal with multiple gmail
> accounts - so I have a different set of inbox, sent mail and draft
> folder for each account.
>
> In the message layout, I have chosen to display the columns -
> subject, sender/receiver and date. For one of my email accounts,
> kmail does the job perfectly. The inbox foler shows subject, sender
> and date, whereas the sent-mail folder shows subject, receiver and
> date.
>
> However, this order is not maintained for my other email accounts.
> The inbox folders show subject, sender and date(which is correct);
> the sent-mail folder shows subject, sender and date - instead of
> subject, receiver and date which is what should be displayed.

I have somewhat similar issue, but cannot figure out how to fix it.  I use three
accounts and all inboxes look the same -- sender|subject|date.  After each
restart of Kmail however, I got the first two switched, i.e. subject|sender|
date.  If someone knows how to fix this it would be great.

This appears in two machines with separate installs of Kubuntu 9.10.
gk